ABOUT THE CHICAGO INFRASTRUCTURE TRUST
The Chicago Infrastructure Trust was created in April 2012 by executive order of Mayor Emanuel and City Council resolution. The CIT leverages alternative financing and delivery structures for large infrastructure project to enable government agencies to accelerate project delivery, reduce project costs, and enhance value to taxpayers.
- Assist with performing research, data analysis, and producing written results
- Provide support for day-to-day operations, including but not limited to clerical and office duties
- Assist with the preparation of presentation materials for use in internal and external meetings
- Assist in maintaining company website and social media presence
- Other duties as assigned to support CIT business goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with an interest and/or experience in finance, infrastructure, urban planning, and/or the built environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build solid relationships with stakeholders, including staff and external partners
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Reliable and committed to achieving high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Ability to use discretion and sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns, and maintain confidentiality when required
Must be a current student in good academic standing, enrolled in an accredited two or four year college or university. Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 grading scale or a 3.5 on a 5.0 grading scale.
PREFERENCE: Students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale will be given preference.
NOTE: ALL MATERIALS ARE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION AND MUST BE SUBMITTED TOGETHER AS A PACKET.
- Cover Letter (noting “Paid internship”)
- Official/Unofficial Transcript
- Enrollment Verification from school currently attending
- Writing Sample
This is a temporary position.
NOTE: Interns should ideally be available to work part-time (between 15 to 20 hours a week) during the school year or up to 30 hours a week during the summer months.
SALARY: $15 p/ hour
CLOSING DATE: This position is open and the CIT is accepting applications until further notice.
INSTRUCTIONS: Interested candidates should send as a packet the following: cover letter (noting “Paid internship”), official/unofficial transcript and enrollment verification from school currently attending, resume, and writing sample to:
Chicago Infrastructure Trust
The Chicago Infrastructure Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this work. The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the intern.